Definition:Compliance investigations performed will generally relate to integrity of personnel and systems, and its impact on FSM program objectives as it relates to fraud or other violations of applicable laws and regulations; which typically involves fraud examination of Governmental operations and analysis of public funds expenditures, to ensure programs' and/or entities' compliance with the FSM National Code, rules, and regulations of the National Government.
- Performs investigative review or fraud examination of National Government Operations, in conjunction with Initial Complaint lodged with the FSM Public Auditors Office.
- Prepare investigative audit plans, and submits to Audit Manager for concurrence.
- Gathers, examines, and analyses of documents or other evidences in connection with ongoing investigations.
- Conducts field interviews and prepares records of interviews; prepare referral or closing reports; appear in court as government witness.
- In conjunction with signed MOU between the FSM Department of Justice and ONPA, and implementing the National Public Auditor's law enforcement function as deputized National Police officers, CID staff applies for and execute Search & Seizure Warrants and/or Subpoenas, necessary for the due execution of the duties of the National Public Auditor, Title 55 FSM Code Chapter 5.
- Prepares and disseminates investigation reports for management review and/or to other concerned parties.
- Provides training and education to promote ethical and lawful conduct within government.
- Ensure management of the CID Division on a day-to-day basis.
- Assist other audit teams when necessary, and as assigned by the National Public Auditor.
Knowledge and Ability:
Knowledge of: Governmental operations and procedures; investigation and interview techniques, court decisions, Attorney General's opinions, legislations and regulations of the FSM National Government.
Ability to: Effective communication skills in English, in both verbal and in written medium; make complete and accurate records of interviews; Able to interpret and understand legal opinions, court decisions, and approved legislation; Able to exercise good judgment, with impartiality, when discharging the duties of the FSM Public Auditor.
Able to adjusts quickly to changing work environments.
Must posses a courteous, professional demeanor, and works well under stressful situations.
Bachelors degree in Public or Business Administration, Political Science or Criminal Justice or related field plus 2 years of work experience in investigations or auditing governmental operations.