Definition: Assists the Public Auditor in monitoring and coordinating all matters pertaining to the FSM annual single Audits for the five (5) governments. Provide assistance to the Public Auditor facilitate FSM's performance in resolving questioned costs and audit findings; performs other duties as assigned.
- Prepares, issues and manages the RFP for audit proposals
- Monitors, manages, and conduct oversights regarding the Audit Contract and the performance of the Independent auditor.
- Prepares and distributes monthly status reports on the progress of annual audits of the FSM Government plus their respective Component Units to the stakeholders.
- reviews monthly billing statements from the independent auditor and verifies payment requests
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Ability:
Strong demonstration to adapt quickly and grasp concepts of auditing and financial investigations.
Courteous, professional demeanor, works well under stressful situations. Possess very good oral and written communication skills.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a four-year degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Public or Business Administration, and Economics or related field.